Marketing and Communication Manager
- JOB TITLE: Marketing and Communications Manager
- DEPARTMENT: Advancement
- REPORTS TO: Advancement Director and Executive Director
- CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, 40 Hours, Exempt
- Work Location: Harrisburg
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9 AM -5 PM
Morning Star Pregnancy Services (MSPS) provides no-cost services to women and men facing unplanned pregnancies in our community. The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for providing a broad range of communications, marketing and public relations services and support to our client services as well as the advancement team. This position will advertise MSPS to potential clients, as well encourage, maintain, and increase philanthropic and community support to meet the short-term and long-term needs of MSPS. These activities shall be consistent with MSPS mission, vision, Christian core operational values and beliefs.
Marketing and Communication Manager Goals:
- Assist the Client and Executive Directors in developing broader community awareness of Morning Star’s services, branding MSPS as the first place to go for unplanned pregnancies, education and STD testing and treatment.
- Assists the Advancement and Executive Directors in developing/designing a fund-raising plan in relationship to the overall organizational strategic plan.
- Assists in devising and implementing creative and unique strategies to promote and/or assist with development of relationships with individual donors, community partners and foundations; to cultivate relationships to strengthen and expand the ministry’s donor base. Offers prayer support to and shares the gospel with donors and friends of the center as requested and appropriate.
Social Media Management:
- Responsible for managing donor-facing and client-facing social media pages
- Develop content calendar and campaigns
- Create graphics and videos for all posts and stories
- Monitor social media insights/data
- Set KPIs to help meet the strategy/goals of MSPS
- Update website content (adding blog posts, event information, videos, etc)
- Continually optimize content for improved SEO
- Monitor Google Analytics
- Suggest and implement improvements for website traffic and user experience
- Update email marketing platform (Constant Contact) with new contacts, lists, and segments
- Prepare, design, and schedule all emails and campaigns
- Help plan email marketing strategy to improve donor engagement
- Design all print materials (brochures, direct mail, appeal letters, specialty pieces, promotional items, event materials, newsletters, advertisements, etc)
- Work directly with print vendors to get estimates and place orders
Fundraising Events and Campaigns:
- Assist with planning and executing annual fundraising events (Shooting Star 5K Run/Walk for Life, Annual Life Saving Banquet, Baby Bottle Campaigns)
- Assist with planning and executing annual fundraising campaigns (Seasonal appeals, #GivingTuesday, End of Year Campaign, etc)
- Create supporting and promotional materials (print and digital) for these events
- Shoot video or work with videographer to obtain raw footage
- Edit video for YouTube, social media, website, and/or email campaigns
- Videos may include: interviews with staff members, event recaps, brand messaging, FAQ, etc.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all produced work (print or digital)
- Help develop donor segmentation strategies for all campaigns and communication
- Suggest and implement concepts for improving donor relationship management
- Participate in brand messaging strategy meetings with client and administrative staff
- Create reports of analytic data and KPI achievement
- Oversee public impact projects, programs and activities to encourage, maintain and increase public awareness of MSPS
- Degree in graphic design with digital marketing experience. Background in marketing a plus.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress, with experience in video/editing and Constant Contact (or similar email marketing software with the willingness to learn Constant Contact).
- Detail oriented with good organizational and project management skills, multi-tasking various projects and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and dynamic human relation skills for interfacing with and inspiring staff, Board, and other constituencies to support MSPS mission and affiliates.
- Must have independent, sound judgment; must understand and adhere to the high standards of excellence required for public relations professionals regarding all aspects of marketing and communications work, especially donor/client confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work cooperatively – with a Christian servant heart – as part of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to the MSPS mission, Christian values and principles.
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate commitment to MSPS mission, vision, core operational values, and core beliefs in the execution of position responsibilities.
- A willingness to share the gospel of Jesus Christ by word and example to all organization constituents and to contribute to an office environment conducive to supporting the organization’s ministry of life.
The above describes the general nature of the job and is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and a cover letter to Stephanie Diecidue, Director of Advancement: email@example.com.
Morning Star Pregnancy Services is seeking an RDMS for its Ultrasound Program
When it comes to changing hearts and minds, ultrasound is the core of our pregnancy medical center. Morning Star Pregnancy Services is expanding our Ultrasound Program at our new location in Harrisburg. In this exciting role, you will be working with moms and dads to view their unborn child, see it beating heart, and begin the bonding process.
Summary Job Description:
The RDMS provides patient care and medical services working under the supervision of the RDMS Medical Services Manager. All duties and responsibilities are performed in support of Morning Star’s Mission and Vision.
Position open to RDMS or RN with sonography experience. Salary commensurate with experience, benefits included.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Linda Plummer, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call Linda Plummer, Executive Director at 717-901-3377.