Shooting Star 5K Run and Walk for Life Runner & Walker Information
On this page you’ll find all you need to know about fundraising, registering, and what to expect the day of the race! Make this day event more fun by forming or joining a team as a walker or runner! High school running teams, youth groups, running clubs, pro-life groups and more are all welcome!
Register online OR Day-of at the Carousel Pavilion, 7:00 AM
5K REGISTRATION ENTRY FEE:
- Pre-Early Bird: By June 1st: Special Student Rate: $15 | General: $20
- Early Bird: June 2nd – August 28th: Student/General: $25
- After August 28th: Student/General: $30
Dri-Fit shirts to all runners guaranteed until 8/14. After 8/14, Dri-Fit shirts while supplies last.
Age Categories: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
5K AWARDS – You must be present to win.
- Overall top male and female runner
- First and second place male and female runners in each age category.
SPECIAL PRIZE to overall top male and female runner and first place runners in each age category
Register online OR Day-of at the Carousel Pavilion, 8:30 AM
WALK REGISTRATION ENTRY FEE: Free!
Dri-Fit shirts to all walkers who raise $25+. Enter funds raised online by 8/14 to guarantee shirt. After 8/14, while supplies last.
PRIZES TO TOP TWO FUNDRAISERS!
- 7:00 AM – Run registration/check-in
- 8:00 AM – 5K run begins (Chip timed)
- 8:00 AM – Live music begins
- 8:30 AM – Walk registration/check-in
- 8:30 AM – Pancake breakfast begins
- 9:00 AM – 5K Awards Ceremony (you must be present to receive award)
- Awards will be given for the overall top male and female runner as well as the top male and female runner in each age category: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- 9:00 AM – Free City Island Trolley rides
- 10:00 AM – Walk for Life begins
- 12:00 PM – Close
Download our Fundraising Tool Kit PDF to help you reach your fundraising goal! We provide ideas for events, social media, letter writing, and more!
Download a Runner/Walker sponsorship form to help you reach your fundraising goal.
Create an Online Donation Page
With a few clicks, you can personalize your own Run / Walk web page. Send it to everyone you know via email and all your social networking sites. Your sponsors can donate directly from your web page. You can easily monitor how much you have raised toward your goal. To utilize this feature, register online.